Tesco is the company that creates the UK’s largest supermarket chain, headquartered in Cheshunt, England. Among the chain of grocery stores that sell food, Wal-Mart is the 4th largest group after Carrefour, USA and France. In 1924 T.E. It was founded by a Jew named Jack Cohen who bought large quantities of tea from Stockwell. Jack Cohen took the first three letters of his customers’ names (TES) and the first two letters of his surname on the tea he bought and produced a brand named TESCO.
In 2003, Germany’s giant shopping chain owner started to ship goods to Europe via Aldi and Lidl. What made Tesco different from its competitors was that it was more fortunate in the competition in terms of the quality of the goods and price. From its establishment in 1924 until 2008, Tesco established 1988 supermarkets in England and hired 240,000 people. Today, approximately 423 thousand people are employed in 7,005 different locations at Tesco.
For any position at Tesco, they hire recruits for baggers, café attendants, cashiers, customer delivery drivers, stock clerks, counter associates and meat cutters. At the entry-level, recruits may find numerous job positions available that offer with best job prospects. If you are experienced in any of these positions, you have a very bright future in this company.
How To Apply Online Tesco?
Printable application form: Yes (Doc or PDF). Download Tesco Job Application PDF
Let’s examine the step-by-step application process in all its details.
Step 1 – Click here to access all advertisements.
Step 2 – Search by typing the position you want in the “search and apply” section on the page that opens.
Step 3 – You will see the positions that are ready to recruit now, where you can choose the most suitable job for you and click on it.
Step 4 – You can read the job details by touching the “read more” section on your dream job.
Step 5 – If all the details match your skills, you can press the apply button.
Step 6 – If you do not have an account, in this step you need to enter your email address and create an account by specifying a password.
Step 7 – You can complete your application by entering all the information requested from you and your personal information.
Tesco Positions and Salary information
Tesco offers job seekers with online application facility. When searching, you just need to look around for the best job position near your location. The company offers numerous job positions for different requirements. Once you have located the right job position you just need to apply online via their website by filling in a simple form. You may have to provide complete details related to your personal information, qualification, contact details, past job experience, background information, and best skills.
Due to COVID-19 and its effects, which have deeply affected the world since 2019, Tesco has taken new measures in its working order. Due to the quarantines and lockdowns, Tesco introduced a home service and online shopping system in a way that it had not done before. To keep up with this new order, it was necessary to recruit new personnel, especially in these emerging new areas. Couriers, field support staff or IT staff who take online orders are some of the prominent professions under COVID-19 as entry-level jobs.
Some of the most common job positions available at Tesco are:
Customer Delivery Driver
You need to represent the Tesco brand professionally, to deliver the products of the customers with care and smile, to ensure that your vehicle is loaded with the right products and to carry out standard checks. You must drive safely, following the law.
Also; You must have a UK / EU / EEA driver’s license, which remains calm under pressure, can keep up with the intensive working pace, and has no more than 3 penalty points for at least 12 months.
You may be responsible for looking after the display and shelves at the Tesco store. Apart from this, you may also be responsible for managing window displays at the store. You need to display your best customer handling skills and interaction. Your job may require you to work in shifts or on a full-time or part-time basis. Your starting salary is around 8-9 pounds for every hour.
You’ll be someone with great communication skills and who works well in a team while being ready to roll up your sleeves and do what’s needed to give Tesco customers great service.
Tesco will be depending on you, as the face of Tesco, to Serve Britain’s Shoppers a Little Better Everyday:
- Get to know your customers, greet them with a smile and serve them with pride
- Take time to listen, and help out wherever you can
- Make decisions that are right for our customers
- Be passionate and knowledgeable about our products and services
- Always be there, on time and properly presented.
You will have to perform the tasks at the cashier counter. You have to look around at the purchases in the store. At the entry-level, you will be provided with the necessary training. You may have to be comfortable using the electronic cash management system.
You may be offered training for handling store procedures, using coupons, gift cards and credit card payments. You may also have to load groceries and check with carts. At the starting level, you will be paid around 6.65 pounds for every hour of work but it may also vary depending on the location of the store.
This is a managerial job position and you may have many responsibilities. You need to look around at the operations of the stores, customer service, employees, leadership and profits. Your main role will also be to hire recruits for the store.
You also have to manage schedules for employees, prepare working strategies and assist other team members. To apply for this job position you need to have previous work experience in the relevant field. In most cases, managers are promoted from amongst the existing employees. The salary package may be between 30 to 50 thousand pounds yearly.
As a Shift Leader, you will be working in a fast-paced retail environment where no day is the same. You will take ownership of store activities by running duty shifts, coordinating a team to deliver a clean and full store that exceeds customer expectations. As the customer is at the heart of everything we do, you will be constantly looking for ways to improve service in your store through on-the-job coaching and feedback.
You will have a great understanding of how your store is performing and be the expert in delivering practical actions for its improvement by taking a hands-on approach. With your guidance, your store will always remain a safe place to work and shop.
- Customers get the finest shopping journey.
- Customers are always able to get the products they need.
- Customers are excited by our promotions and find our aisles welcoming.
- Customers have a slick and speedy checkout experience.
- Customers leave our store feeling valued and satisfied.
Whether you are looking for flexibility to suit your lifestyle or the opportunity to progress your career, this can be the role for you.
You will need
- Able to give great, natural customer service by proactively smiling, greeting, acknowledging and helping customers.
- Works hard for customers, your team and your department.
- You can prioritize to ensure anything you do is right for our customers.
- Adaptable and resilient to meet the ever-changing demands of our business.
- You must be able to follow instructions either verbal or written.
- You are reliable and a good timekeeper.
- You must be smart and tidy at all times.
Providing outstanding customer service at all times by choosing/having the attitude to want to deliver a great experience so that our guests return time and time, creating a fun atmosphere in the Kitchen as part of your team, ensuring you have a clear understanding of our menus and special offers to provide relevant information to Tesco guests.
- Ensuring the Café area is clean and appropriately presented
- Maintaining the smooth operation of relevant equipment ensuring any maintenance issues are reported in a timely fashion
- Operating the till as required throughout service, ensuring correct procedures are used
- Ensuring all Food Safety and Health & Safety regulations are adhered to and any incidents are reported in line with procedures
Tesco Colleague Benefits:
- Holiday pay and sick pay
- Maternity pay
- All-employee share schemes such as Buy As You Earn and Save As You Earn
- The chance to join our Retirement Savings Plan where we will match your contributions up to a maximum of 7.5%. It also gives you valuable life cover of five times your pay
- Annual Colleague Bonus Plan, offering up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard offering 10% staff discount after three months’ service
- Open-plan offices with shared desk space enable colleagues to work with and learn from different colleagues
- Informal meeting spaces and project spaces for teams to collaborate
- Tea points on each floor to make free drinks, take a break and catch up with colleagues
- Restaurants offering fresh food, cooked from scratch using our own products with varied menu choices from building to building
- Health and beauty services, including a nurse, GP and massage therapists
- Free onsite car parking and a frequent free shuttle bus service from the train station
Facts About Working at Tesco
How much does Tesco pay an hour?
Tesco pays its employees an average of ₤9 an hour. Hourly pay at Tesco ranges from an average of ₤8 to ₤11 an hour.
How old do I need to be to work at Tesco?
At least 16.
What discount do Tesco employees get?
Is working at Tesco good?
Someone answer that question like that:
“I loved working for Tesco, the management team were always approachable and I gained really great relationships with my team. … a nice place to work. There is always support when help is needed at work well as training on Health and safety. They can be flexible when I need to take time off.”